What is Gonadotropin?
Gonadotropin 5000iu from Bodypharm or Human Chorionic gonadotropin – (HCG) is a natural non-steroidal peptide hormone produced by the body of a woman after conception. The presence of HCG in the urine is a signal of pregnancy. In 1930, it was possible to isolate it from the urine of pregnant women. From this period, the active use of gonadotropin in clinical medicine and sports began.
With active sports, with the help of gonadotropin, other effects are achieved. These include:
- an increase in the synthesis of testosterone;
- preserves the gained volume of muscle mass;
- helps to eliminate excess fat;
- enhances the effect of anabolic steroids;
- restores libido suppressed by anabolic steroids.
The peculiarity of the action of chorionic gonadotropin is to reduce body fat while maintaining weight and muscle size.
The opinions of sports doctors and trainers regarding the use of chorionic gonadotropin coincide. The best results are recorded with the introduction of chorionic gonadotropin into the body against the background of a cycle of anabolic steroids. Monitoring the condition of athletes taking hCG led to certain recommendations:
- When taking anabolic steroids for more than 6 months, the start of HCG intake should coincide with the start of reducing the dose of anabolic steroids. Thus, gonadotropin eliminates testosterone deficiency. The use of gonadotropin stops at the end of the steroid cycle.
- With a cycle lasting more than 3-4 weeks, a break in taking steroids must be 2-3 weeks. During this pause, hCG is administered. This approach provides an optimal level of testosterone in the body.
- If in the case of prolonged use of anabolic steroids, the athlete did not take chorionic gonadotropin, then it must be a part of post-cycle therapy. HCG is prescribed as an injection every other day. Total cycle is 20 days.
Cycle for men
The dose of chorionic gonadotropin depends on the weight of the athlete. If the weight of a man is approximately 70 kg, from 1,500 units to 3,000 units per day is prescribed two days later on the third. If the weight is higher, the dosage is increased. The maximum permissible amount of HCG for men is 10,000 units per 1 injection.
Cycle for women
Chorionic gonadotropin is prescribed to women, as a rule, for medical indications. Among the accepted programs, the following can be distinguished:
- 3000 IU 2 times every three days for three weeks;
- 1500 IU 7 times every other day for 5-6 weeks;
- 500 – 1000 units twice a week for 8 weeks.
Alternative Safe cycle
During the cycle of anabolic steroids, gonadotropin must be taken from the 3rd week of taking anabolics. In this case, the dosage is 1000 or 1500 units, divided into two injections. Admission ends with the end of the use of steroids before starting post-cycle therapy.
For long cycles of anabolics
Quite often, athletes do not stop taking anabolic steroids for a long time. In this case, the rate of chorionic gonadotropin is three weeks once a quarter or once every six months. Injections are administered at 1,500 units once every four days.
Quick Recovery cycle
With active, rather long combined programs of anabolics, it is advisable to inject gonadotropin in a dosage of 1500 – 2500 IU once every 3 or 4 days. The cycle can be two to three weeks.
As part of post-cycle therapy
The introduction of chorionic gonadotropin in the cycle of PCT is necessary for the prevention of testicular atrophy, elimination of side effects of anabolic steroids and the preservation of muscle size. The positive effect of HCG helps to adjust the function of the axis of the hypothalamus-pituitary – testes.
The cycle duration of 30 – 45 days:
- Clomid – 50 mg twice daily from 1 to 30 days;
- tamoxifen – 20 mg per day from 1 to 45 days;
- gonadotropin – 2500 units every other day from 1 to 16 days.
Such a program is suitable for restoring hormonal balance after 12 weekly cycles of testosterone propionate, nandrolone.
How to inject chorionic gonadotropin
There are two recommended forms of chorionic gonadotropic hormone: the form of subcutaneous or intramuscular injections. The drug is available in the form of a powder sealed in ampoules. For dilution use sterile water for injection or isotonic 9% sodium chloride solution. If the bottle contains 1000 pieces of chorionic gonadotropin hormone, 1 ml is injected. After processing the ampoules with alcohol, with a syringe, the solvent is slowly introduced into the bottle with a powdery substance. The smooth introduction does not allow foam bubbles to form. The bottle is shaken until the powder is completely dissolved. The drug is ready to be injected. The same syringe can be used for injection, but the needle should be replaced.
The prepared gonadotropin solution can be used for two weeks if stored in the refrigerator. Gonadotropin can be stored in a sealed vial for three years. It is important to observe the temperature regime – not higher than 20 ° C, to exclude exposure to direct sunlight. Chorionic gonadotropin is available for purchase at the pharmacy chain. When choosing a drug, attention should be paid to the amount of active substance in units of action for further correct dilution.